Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PhilCarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have any of you HOD regulars got mp3's or WAV's of yr own playing you could upload onto this site? ie like Steves solo. Id be most curious to hear what you guys are up to, especially the gear you are using on the track/solo. Might provide some interesting observations.... Any takers?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Phil,

    I have already posted a few on
    other threads like:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/mambonights9.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/drduck3.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/mamboalamintzer6.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/hacerato3.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/lallave1.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/dondeestaminegra.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/sube10.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/cuddles1.mp3

    I have a number of others.

    How about you?

    This one is for those sensitive
    to the potential merengue intent:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/dondeestaminegra2.mp3

    I had to do it for my sister, who
    is VERY sensitive to that.

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ October 13, 2003 11:01 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font></font>

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 14, 2003 10:10 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jonthibault's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2002
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pete, I'm diggin' your shit! Very cool. Who's the percussionist?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    JHB,

    Let me see...

    On "Mambo Nights", "Mambo A La Mintzer" and "Hace Rato", it's Conexion Latina's Felipe Rengifo, Sr. (congas, shekire, cumaco); Pablo Ramirez (bongos, cow-bell), Felipe Rengifo, Jr. (timbales, campana de cumaco and Javier Plaza (lead vocal, cord, maracas, guira de parranda).

    Let me dig up the others, which are all Eddie Palmieri tunes, with his bands but some from different releases. I'll post them tomorrow.

    Glad you did them. I find the rhythms and kicks (arrangements) monster challenges.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    VERY cool, peter. Nice, relaxed grooves & cool kicks/hits, indeed.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 14, 2003 04:17 PM: Message edited by: FuseU1 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fuse,

    Thanks, man.

    This is an alternate for the
    percussion solo in "Hace Rato"
    by Conexion Latina.

    www.thediametrixletter.com/dogpoops20.mp3

    I know it's crazy but I thought
    I'd try it anyway.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, NB.

    All memorized. No charts.

    Playing "open", allows for
    many more of these types of
    kicks to be accented because
    of the free right-hand.

    Oh! I have not checked that
    Eddie out. Tell me - does
    it have Robbie on it and if
    so, is the mix low enough
    that I can work with it?

    How about that Conexion
    Latina horn section?! I
    found out about them from
    Euro-drummer great, Alex
    Sanguinetti. I love their
    music! They're spectacular!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 15, 2003 02:58 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member no_bells's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you mean Robbie Ameen? This album has Nicky Marrero-timbales, Tommy Lopez-bongocero,and Eladio Perez-congero. The mix is kind of like the stuff you're playing to w/maybe a little more volume on the bells. It's got a few mambo feels, a cha-cha-cha, and some ballad rhythms that I'm not sure what the names are. The horn section has among others the late Barry Rogers on trombone. A cool little aside on this record is the Breckers transcribed and wrote a soli based on Rogers' solo on "Un Dia Bonito" and used it as a tribute to him on "Song For Barry" from "Return Of The Brecker Brothers". Un Dia is pretty intense.

    That LC horn section is cool, nice arrangements. I'm gonna try and pick up a copy. You know those tunes inside and out!

    You probably already have the Robbie Ameen/Lincoln Goines book. Just in case you don't, there are some fun tunes with and without drums to play along with on there.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    NB,

    Yes. I meant Robbie Ameen.
    He's a great drummer.

    I kind of feel bad about
    his mixes on the Palmieri
    material but Latin is a
    different animal and you
    don't argue with Eddie.
    That's like arguing with
    Miles, if you know what
    I mean.

    [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Conexion Latina have hot
    arrangements and some are
    real tough but the challenge
    is to feel them, picking up
    the kicks, as they come a-
    long. You have to be in the
    "right place", with the right
    dynamic and a free hand.

    I'm going to pick up that
    release you suggested and
    see what I can do with it.
    Eddie's music is very perc-
    ussive and it lends itself
    to what we're trying to do,
    which is develop our ac-
    companiment chops, espec-
    ially for larger ensembles.

    Have you checked ouy Billy
    Cobham's "Conundrum"?

    Check this out:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/torpedo4.mp3

    Thanks, again.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member no_bells's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As soon as I figure out how to do it, I'm there..or here.

    Peter, nice feel, sounds cool. Did you have to chart out those kicks or did you memorize them from listening to the CD?

    Have you checked out Palmieri's "Sun Of Latin Music"?

Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •